Becoming the master of your wellbeing is THE ART OF HEALTH
The Art of Health offers cutting edge information and strategies for understanding the workings of the human mind and body. Consultations, Seminars, Online Teleseminars, Free Advice and Inspiration helping you to reunite body, mind and spirit...
Mickel Therapy is a specialist talking therapy designed to identify the cause of chronic conditions such as anxiety, insomnia, chronic fatigue, adrenal exhaustion, fibromyalgia, stress and depression. Plus it gives you the tools to heal...
Qi Gong and Meditation
Qi Gong and meditation calm the mind, relax the body, increase flexibility, improve focus, prevent and heal illness. The gentle exercises are simple, effective and easy to learn...
Newsletter Sign Up
Contact Art of Health:
021 410 633 / 09 833 6553
info "at" artofhealth.co.nz
Stress management and reduction program
"The power in personal responsibility is that external causes no longer produce internal reactions.
Personal responsibility restores your choice as to how you react to people or events".
Please scroll down to see details of the stress management programs
What is stress?
Stress is an internal response to either external or internal stressors
Whilst most people usually think that external factors are the cause of their stress, these factors are actually often only the trigger for the internal stress response.
Stress is a signal from the body that it is not happy with something, and a sign that something needs to need to be done in order that the body no longer feel 'stressed'.
When the body is in a state of stress, this will be symptomatic of the fact that the autonomic nervous system is in the 'sympathetic nervous response'. This is the 'fight-flight' or emergency response of the body, which is the natural state for it to go into in times of real emergency.
Unfortunatley, many people are constantly living in this stressed state, which is highly detremental to our health. Living in a perpetual state of stress over-taxes the internal organs, eventually exhausting them or creating illness.
The body cannot heal or carry out routine repairs when it is in a state of stress. Therefore it is essential that we learn how reduce and manage our stress levels as soon as possible. Chronic stress is the foundation for many other diseases, so if you want to avoid becoming ill, learn how to de-stress!
About the Stress Reduction Program
We offer a number of different length programs, ranging from 6 weeks (6 sessions) to 6 months (15 sessions). Each person will progress at the pace that is perfect for them, and one can always start with a shorter program and extend if necessary.
Kim works with clients at the clinic, by phone or at your place of work (for corporate wellness programs). Phone sessions are equally effective and Kim has worked successfully with clients from around the world - distance is no object to healing!
Core principles of health
There are certain core health principles health which form the foundation of the Art of Health programs including:
- Our body's natural state is health and happiness, and illness is the absence of our natural state
- Symptoms are the body's way of communicating it is not happy about something either going on in our life right now or lying unresolved from the past
- Our body is designed to self-heal if we look after ourselves properly, and understand and live in accordance with the 'laws of life' and 'laws of health'
- Good health will result if we understand these laws and learn to take care of our own health
About the programs
During the program we will cover a certain number of modules and topics. The longer the program, the more topics and more chance you will have to practice the techniques you will be given.
The first session
The first session is very important and will last between 60 and 90 minutes. During the session we take a detailed case history so that we can ascertain what is causing your symptoms.
We will then design a program specificially for your unique requirements which could include:
- Mickel Therapy Counselling
- Qi Gong
- Energy healing
- A range of tried and tested stress reduction techniques
By the end of your program, you will have a much clearer idea of how to ongoingly manage and reduce stress and should be noticing the mental, emotional and physical benefits of doing so.
Follow on sessions
Once we have outlined a plan of treatment sessions will continue either weekly or bi-weekly depending on the length of program you have chosen. During the program we will cover:
- Various key health topics pertaining to your situation so that you understand the cause of your condition or situation
- A number of selfcare exercises to heal your symptoms which you will have to take away and use for life
- Your current life situation and circumstances, addressing any issues in any relevant area of your life including work, rest, relationships, hobbies, partner and more
See below for an idea of what you will learn:
Stress Reduction Program Topics
Depending on the length of the program you choose, we will cover some or all of the following topics:
- what stress really is and the long-term detremental effects of stress on the body
- how stress is a habit which can be changed
- identifying your own stress triggers and what your causes you stress
- learning tools to reduce and eradicate the stress response in the body
- how to live with an inner state of peace not affected by your outer circumstances
- learn how living in a calm and relaxed manner can be more productive
- how living in a calm and relaxed manner can prolong your life
- how to interpret the message behind your stress so that you can take corrective and appropriate action
- how dis-ease is and becomes a state of disease if we do not change this habit
- what the body intelligence is and its role and purpose in keeping you well
- the connection between emotions and stress
- the difference between stress and relaxation and the different effects on both the body's health
- how stress and work-life imbalance is the fertile ground for dis-ease
- how to identify the deeper meaning and significance of negative thinking habits
- the correlation of negative thoughts, negative emotions, stress and health
- the importance of life-affirming rather than life-depleting habits in the role of health
- how to resolve unfinished business which may be contributing to stress
- the importance of work-life balance in staying healthy
- the importance of having fun for staying healthy
- the laws of life which we need to follow to stay healthy and symptom-free
Stress Program Exercises
Depending on the length of time we work together, and your personal circumstances, we will cover some or all of the following self-care techniques and exercises in order to bring you back to health:
- how to tell the difference between stress and relaxation in the body
- how to safely and quickly reduce stress when it arises
- how to interpret your body intelligence communication so that you can take corrective action in order to reduce stress
- how to stop the energy-draining habit of worrying so that you mind feels at ease and can be freed up for more creative endeavours
- how to create clear boundaries with others around mental, emotional or physical abuse so that you no longer have to live in stress or fear
- how to clear the decks of unfinished business that has been too difficult to complete so that your energy is freed up for what you want to do
- how to relax without feeling guilty so that you know it's ok to take time out to nourish your body and mind
During the program we will take into account many factors of your life including:
- your past and family history, how this has contributed to your condition and how to move past this to a new future
- your present situation, how that may be perpetuating your condition and how to change or eliminate any life-depeleting circumstances
- daily habits or routines which may not be conducive to good health and replacing them with new life-affirming habits
- food and exercise, ascertaining what is right for you
- hobbies, interests, goals, passion, purpose - making sure that you have enough stimulation and fulfillment in your life
- work - helping with any work-related issues that have been frustrating you
- key relationships - sorting any personal issues that may be contributing to malaise
- beliefs, patterns of consciousness and thinking habits - helping you to understand how your patterns of thinking affect health
- your living environment - making beneficial adjustments as necessary to the space you live or work in because our environment affects how we feel
By the end of the program, you will have learnt a huge amount about yourself which you previously did not know, and how to take care of yourself... from the inside out.
Most clients have excellent success, some recovering completely within a very short space of time. Testimonials of clients
Transforming your life
What matters...more than your health?
Can you imagine how different your life would be if you could resolve your current situation?
At the Art of Health we know it IS possible to heal and change, and often we need a helping hand.
Message from Kim
"I was a stress bunny for most of my life. The funny thing was, I had no idea.
And then one day, I suddenly recognized it. I saw how unbelievably stressed I was, and how uncomfortable it actually felt being stressed. And I knew that if I didn't do something about it very soon, I was going to get seriously ill.
So, I set about de-stressing, which really was a process of going through a de-addiction to stress. Yes, stress is an addictive behaviour, just like drugs or chocolate! It took 4 years to complete.
Hopefully I can help you de-stress quicker, but for sure I know all about stress, its detremental effects and the absolute necessity of de-stressing and pleasure of living a calm, relaxed life".